Re: FW: TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips

To: gprtech@frontiernet.net
Subject: Re: FW: TR-3A dash recovering and metal clips
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 18:31:22 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/16/00 1:50:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
gprtech@frontiernet.net writes:

<< Sorry, but that's not true. My original, unrestored '57 TR3 had the clips.
 The vinyl was a fabric stretched into place and glued, as was the glove box
 cover and instrument cluster panel. My '58 TR3 parts car, which had sat
 hidden and rusting since 1960, had the same, with the exception that the
 center instrument panel was painted crinkle black. >>

I too have run across only vinyl covered steel dash boards. The parts manual
only lists the dashes with the vinyl / colour covering installed. But I did
notice a pic in the TRF glovebox book of a seat kit which showed a bunch of
the same sort of clips as part of it. I think these are essentially the same
thing. Probably worth a call. TRF part # is RFK258.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4