RE: TR3 Throttle Linkage

To: "'TR'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Throttle Linkage
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:43:42 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Bob :

Well, although I didn't get them from MMC, I did replace the joints on a
previous car with the ones sold for throttle linkages for large trucks.
Seems my Dad had this 58 White bus with a 'pusher' motor and the most
incredible linkages ...

It worked great, although ISTR I had to fabricate new rods, and cut off the
threaded ends of the joints.

However, IMO, the original joints are not lacking in engineering or
strength, they simply wear and get sloppy after enough years of neglect.
With proper maintenance, they will last essentially forever.  My current car
still has the factory joints (AFAIK) and I'm definitely prone to mash the
throttle to the floor, yet they've never popped off.

Randall
59 TR3A