TR3 Throttle Linkage

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Throttle Linkage
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 21:19:02 -0700
My throttle linkage pops apart when I fully depress the accelerator.  It
separates at the front end of the long link rod that runs parallel to
the carbs.  I think the fault lies with the peg on bell crank lever that
engages the socket at the front end of the long link rod -- I suspect
that the ball on the end of that peg is supposed to be round... mine
looks a bit flattened.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Can the peg be removed from the bell crank?  The base of the peg is hex
so perhaps it screws in but from the back side it is hard to tell, maybe
it's peened?

Moss lists the bell crank as "NLA" and I see nothing that looks like a
replacement for the pin -- is there a source for either of these?

TIA for any help.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
Tucson, AZ