RE: Machine shop work

To: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: Machine shop work
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:15:08 -0500
Message text written by "Randall"
>or to
>switch to a different type of bearing.  I understand Brian Schlorff at Power
>British is currently working on the second option.

Well, he is working with me on this one.  I did some engineering math on the
found that the special bearing material we were considering is not up to the
task.

More than 2000 lb and up to 4600 rpm.   The roller bearings are rated upto 4000
lb load.

SO we are back to the drawing board, hence my question to the list.

>I've just sent a email to a machinist/car enthusiast acquaintance, I'll let
>you know what he thinks about the best way to improve a layshaft.<

GREAT!  Please do let me know what you find out.  I agree, the hardness is not
such
an issue, it is the depth and resistance to spalling.

-Tony