Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)

To: Anthony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: British Food (was From TRF regarding The Coventry Inn)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 15:36:31 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <LaJoMor@aol.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Anthony Gordon
>Then it must be a conspiracy:  a couple of years ago, I was listening to a

BBC interview with a person hailed as one of the great chefs from Eire, and

when asked why Eire (and Ireland in general) isn't well known for its
culinary delights, she replied "that's all to do with our starting point:
we were invaded many times by the English, but regrettably never by the
French."

Tony (a S&K pie lover to boot)
<

The logic doesn't wash.  The French were the first white men in Michigan
and you see how good their food is.

Dave