RE: Nuts & Bolts - Replacing During a Rebuild

To: "john donnelly" <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Subject: RE: Nuts & Bolts - Replacing During a Rebuild
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:00:05 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "SPITFIRE LIST" <spitfire@autox.team.net>, "TRIUMPHS" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Wouldn't it be great if there was a list somewhere (maybe VTR) by vehicle
would show approximately number of what type bolts, nuts, etc. and
suggestions on where to replace with stainless and where not to. I am
putting back together a Spit  and I am constantly running into the same
thing. Those of you who have done this many times KNOW that the frame bolts
are xx with xx nuts, all suspension bolts are xx, etc. How about a complete
nut/bolt/clip/etc kit? I personally would pay for someones knowledge and
time for a complete kit, most of us replace most all of them anyway.

Jack Levy
80 Spit
...  other misc Triumphs