Hagerty Insurance

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hagerty Insurance
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:40:55 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
A couple weeks ago there was considerable discussion about using Hagerty
Insurance.  I had already talked to them about insuring my 71 TR6, but had
not sent the paperwork back.  A lot of the discussion was about using the
car for 'normal' activities as opposed to using it strictly as a collectable
show car.

I decided to be completely truthful on the application and let Hagerty
decide if they wanted to insure me or not.  Well the answer came back that
they are going to insure my car.  On the application they ask questions
about usage.  I told them I would in fact drive the car to work.  Another
question asks if the car will be used as a back up for the primary cars, I
said yes.  I told them I would drive approximately 4000 miles per year,
which is about what I expect.  The previous discussions concluded with "let
your conscience be your guide".  I decided to leave the decision up to
Hagerty.

I am thrilled about the insurance.  I guess honesty is the best policy.

Ken Waringa
71 TR6 (on the road next week for the first time in many years)