Oil Filter Adapter

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Filter Adapter
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 19:51:56 -0500
I have learned a lot about my TR6 this week.  I have learned how to
convert from a standard oil filter to the "spin on" adaptor type - and
back, and back again.  I learned how to disconnect the steering column
and re-connect it, again and again,,,.  I learned how to install and
uninstall over and over electronic ignition.
Now, my question to all of you is:  On the spin-on oil filter adaptor I
purchased with the optimism that I would soon be able to get an oil
cooler to go with it, I for the interem, capped the outlet to said
cooler and capped the return from said cooler.  Will this work?  Or
should I get a hose to connect the two holes?
If hose is the answer,,,where can I get one.
Can any of you let me know what wires go to what prong on the oil
pressure sensor that comes out of the side of the engine? I surely got
them crossed up somehow and the guage isn't showing any oil pressure
even though I just re-re-re-filled the oil.  Could the fact that I have
the hose holes on the adaptor capped cause the oil not to circulate and
thus no oil pressure registering?
Questions, questions, questions, huh guys?
John Summers
Jacksonville