Re: unleaded gas

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>, "'Scott Weldin'" <sweldin@ups.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: unleaded gas
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 11:16:20 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Carl,

I just posted this on the Spitfire list -- Wal-Mart sells a super
concentrated lead substitute called CD-2 for about five bucks a quart that
treats 320 gallons of unleaded gas!!  Not only is this the best value I've
found for lead substitutes, the container has a handy measured dispensing
reservoir that's connected to the main supply.  Just squeeze the bottle
until the little dispenser is filled to the 1 oz mark and treat 10 gallons
of gas.  This happens to be the exact capacity of my gas tank, which works
perfectly.  There are also markings for 1/2 oz in case you just fill up 5
gallons.

This product could not be more convenient or fool proof, IMHO.  A competing
can of the stuff on the shelf sold for about a buck and a half and would
treat about two tankfulls.  You do the math.  This stuff is an outstanding
value, in addition to its ease of use.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!