RE: marques

To: "'Fred Thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: RE: marques
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 13:17:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
That's true, just like I do when I see a really turned out 50 studebaker; or
38 Ford; or 32 "A",,,  Or even the hopped up 55 chev...

What is really great is to see the numbers standing around the rare LBC at
the local Cruis-in at Steak n Shake or wherever...   The cars usually don't
win any prizes, but a lot of people stop by and oooh & aahhh...  a couple
weeks ago, I stopped at the Saturday night at Burger King and there was a
really nice MGB sitting in the corner.  I walked up to find out where the
paint work was done as I am searching that out right now.  (It was done in
Indiana - not going to do that)  But there was a guy in his mid-30's saying
that he had a TR6 in his garage that had been his father's.  Not running for
15-18 years.  He asked about mechanics; clubs; shows; all the fun stuff...
Yesterday, I called Joe - my mechanic - and he said "thanks for the new
business"..  seems the guy got it out of storage and is going to put about
1500 into it to drive it home.   ONE MORE ON THE ROAD....

Just wish I had the project so that I could drive it....  next year this
time...

c.