RE: Looking for TR6 Performance Info

To: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>, <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for TR6 Performance Info
From: "Andrew" <andrew.hurley@the-spa.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:11:49 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Stephen,

How fast are you planning on turning your engine?  I may be mistaken, but I
beleive the stock TR6 crank vibrates at around 6K RPM.  Sure, you can exceed
this RPM with carb/FI/engine management/cam/exhaust mods, but do you want to
rebuild every year to maintain street reliability?  How often will you be
using all 175 horse?

The early European grind cam, mechanical FI, and stock ignition and exhaust
was good for 150 HP.  This might be a good starting point for your engine,
less the FI.  Kastner used the Strombergs on his Group 44 cars.  Then you
could verify/recurve your distributor and get onto a rolling road dyno.  You
might find more power in your present engine with a good tuner.

I have found a clear objective makes the task much easier to achieve.