RE: Looking for TR6 Performance Info

To: "'msecrest@erols.com'" <msecrest@erols.com>
Subject: RE: Looking for TR6 Performance Info
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 16:52:45 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I am planning on building a relatively radical engine, hoping to get to 175
plus horsepower. I have triple webers, plans on a fast road cam, shooting
for 9.75:1 compression, lightened flywheel,etc. I think it is possible to
build this much power and still have it streetable and reliable. I recognize
the rollers won't do a lot for power (maybe 3hp), but I am wondering if I
will get more life out of the cam, lifters, and guides. Or is it just
expensive  hardware for racers only? I guess I am hoping to clearly identify
the benefits, and find a reasonably priced source. Moss UK wants about $900
US for rollers, which is nuts.

Stephen