Re: South African Triumph adventures

Subject: Re: South African Triumph adventures
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 07:09:33 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Chris :

One way to look for shorts is to temporarily wire a load of some sort in
place of the fuse (an old dual filament headlamp bulb with one filament
burnt out with makes a good one) and then use a cheap hand compass (the
kind with a magnetic needle that points North) to follow the circuit.
When the compass gets close to a wire that is carrying current (ie
between the fuse block and whereever the short is), it will deflect from
North.

Also, the horns are supposed to be on a fuse by themselves.  If they are
rusty inside, or mis-adjusted, they can draw considerably more current
than normal.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO