Re: TR4 radiator: upgrade options?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 radiator: upgrade options?
From: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:42:32 -0400
You'll find, Steven, that the Smith's thermostat coulee;d be the hardest
part of your search... but a very important part. You can plug the
by-pass, or restrict it a bit, but the original thermo works the best.
See if you can track down Mike Bounaducci, in Bradford, VT. He usually
has one or two he'll be willing to part with. The last one I bought was
$25.00... yikes! With the by-pass open the cooling system only works at
about 70%... the rest being wasted. If you do plug the by-pass, the car
will take longer to warm-up on cooler days.

No mods for the fan transplant... a bolt up. The 6-blade fan was the
"tropical" option on these cars, but was standard as the years went on.
Some folks use the yellow TR-250 fan, but you'll have to move the
radiator to provide clearance.