TR3a Ammeter readings high

To: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a Ammeter readings high
From: "Crockett, Steve" <steve.crockett@analog.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:41:10 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have noticed what I think is a problem with my 60 TR3A electrical system - in
a nutshell, when I accelerate I notice the ammeter jumps to the positive (+30)
and stays there until the RPMs come back down. Is this an issue with the
regulator??? There is a new generator (heavy duty according to the shop that
installed it). I can't help but think this cannot be good for the electrical
system. Also, when I hit the horn, the ammeter also jumps to the positive.
Hopefuly this is enough information to help diagnose the problem?  I am a
lister/lurker and have been getting a lot of great info from this list!!!!