TR3a Ammeter readings high

To: "Crockett, Steve" <steve.crockett@analog.com>
Subject: TR3a Ammeter readings high
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:20:42 -0400
Cc: triumphs <Triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Crockett, Steve"
>I have noticed what I think is a problem with my 60 TR3A electrical system
- in
a nutshell, when I accelerate I notice the ammeter jumps to the positive
(+30)
and stays there until the RPMs come back down. Is this an issue with the
regulator??? There is a new generator (heavy duty according to the shop
that
installed it). I can't help but think this cannot be good for the
electrical
system. Also, when I hit the horn, the ammeter also jumps to the positive.
Hopefuly this is enough information to help diagnose the problem?  I am a
lister/lurker and have been getting a lot of great info from this list!!!!
<

The primary purpose of the regulator is to throttle back the generator as
speed increases.  Try pulling off the smaller of the two wires from the
generator and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, try a new
regulator.

Dave