Re: Towing options

To: John Vance <vancejohn@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing options
From: Raymond Hatfield <iron_horse819@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 11:44:13 -0700 (PDT)
--- John Vance <vancejohn@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> Has anyone got any experience of towing a TR6 or other LBC using a tow
> dolly where only the front wheels are off the ground?? Is this even
> viable?? I am concerned about ground clearance primarily.

Hi John,

I dollied a TR4A from Birmingham to Little Rock over both highway and secondary
roads with no clearance problems.  I did of course disconnect the driveshaft at
the differential and made sure that there was fluid in the same.  (for the full
story of that trip, see my website)

=====
Raymond L. Hatfield
'65 TR4A IRS