Re: TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)

To: kmr@pil.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 22:39:06 -0400
Cc: borgstede@umsl.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Bummer about the kit no longer being installed.  It was quite a
professional job and looks and performs great!  NO change to braking at
all.  But, like Kai said, I don't brake when I am stomping down on the
pedal.  To answer another question: except for the blower, pulleys and
by-pass value itself, everything was made Pete.

Joe Burlein

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:30:18 -0400 "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net> writes:

> > I looked at the pictures and it hit me,
> > how does the brake booster get vacuum?
> >
> > Brian
>
> Someone else had mentioned this to me off the list, but I gave it
> some
> thought and here is what I'll say...
>
> Since the supercharger is only being used when called for,
> situations in
> which engine speed needs to be increased (acceleration), the rest of
> the
> time the motor is sucking (creating vacuum) the fuel mixture.
> Therefore,
> unless you intend to use the accelerator and brake pedals at the
> same time,
> the setup *should* not pose a problem... I suppose this is one of
> the
> reasons Peter decided to design the setup using the by-pass valve.
>
> Perhaps Joe Burlein can comment on any changes in braking (braking
> procedure).
>
> chocks away,
>
> --
> Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
> 1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)
> 1966 MGB-RS (as in rusty basketcase!)

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.

http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.