Re: TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)

To: "Brian Borgstede" <borgstede@umsl.edu>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:30:18 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
> I looked at the pictures and it hit me,
> how does the brake booster get vacuum?
>
> Brian

Someone else had mentioned this to me off the list, but I gave it some
thought and here is what I'll say...

Since the supercharger is only being used when called for, situations in
which engine speed needs to be increased (acceleration), the rest of the
time the motor is sucking (creating vacuum) the fuel mixture.  Therefore,
unless you intend to use the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time,
the setup *should* not pose a problem... I suppose this is one of the
reasons Peter decided to design the setup using the by-pass valve.

Perhaps Joe Burlein can comment on any changes in braking (braking
procedure).

chocks away,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1974 Triumph TR-6S (as in supercharged!)