TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-6 Supercharger! (also TVRs with 6 motor)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:12:43 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <tvr@autox.team.net>, <madmd@ix.netcom.com>
I came home today, to be presently surprised by a package waiting for me...
it was my TR-6 supercharger kit from Vintage Induction Systems.  I had
ordered the kit from VIS in early June and was aware it would take awhile
but I got ancy about two weeks ago when I received my by-pass assembly and
the Eaton M62 blower from Magnuson...

First impressions, very well made and machined.  The parts I received from
VIS were nicer than the what I received from Magnuson (in terms of casting
and machining anyway).  Peter's instructions are very clear, full of
encouragement and excellent advise.

I bought this unit solely from what Joe Burlein has posted to the list and
the good praise of a chap in the Bronx (NY) who also did a similar
conversion.  So far, I don't regret it.

The reason I copied this to the TVR list, is because Peter was kind enough
to send along some photos of his TVR which was the guinea pig for his design
and experimentation with this setup.  I'll scan those photos later this
evening...

I will also take photos of the parts tonight, for those of you considering
the installation and are not sure of the complexity or quality for the
amount of money you'll be spending.  I'll post the URL for the photos ASAP.
However, for now, you can view the pics of Joe Burlein's finished (running)
installation at http://homepages.go.com/~cftr/VIS1.html.  My TR-6 is the
same colour... so I probably won't bother taking pictures of my finished
installation (and Joe's engine bay is much more detailed and less greasy)!

To date I've spent $625 for the supercharger kit from VIS, $1035 for the M62
from Magnuson, and $125 for the by-pass assembly from Magnuson (total
$1785).  I now have to source the carburettor (hybrid HD8) and I will also
purchase a boost gauge.  Since you purchase the parts from multiple sources
those of you wanting to go this route, but not wanting to spend all the
money up front could purchase the component's kit from VIS and then purchase
the supercharger/by-pass/carb at a later date.

You can get more information about (or order) the kit from Peter at...

Vintage Induction Systems
24 Fern Road
North Hampton, NH 03862
tel. 603.964.6062