RE: TS41136: Off to a bad start

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Subject: RE: TS41136: Off to a bad start
From: pRob <prob@prob.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:32:10 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> As I'm sure others have explained by now, that is normal behavior for
> a trailer with surge brakes.

Well, I've gotten a lot of mixed messages.  U-Haul has said both that the
trailer works properly and the trailer is not working properly.  My real
complaint with U-Haul was telling me someone would be out within an hour
and no one showing up for more than 24 hours.  And I _really_ appreciate
the manager of the U-Haul franchise giving me a free rental.

> I'm not especially trying to defend U-haul, the clerk should have
> known better than to tell you anything (it's not their responsibility
> to educate you on how to operate the equipment), just pointing out
> that the fault was not entirely theirs.

I've rented a similar trailer from U-Haul before: it backed up fine.  I
read the material they provided on the use: it didn't mention that it
doesn't back up.

At least I'm less ignorant than before :)

Rob