TR3 Fuel Leak

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: TR3 Fuel Leak
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 18:36:01 -0400
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Sumner Weisman"
>SWMBO is not happy.  Since I last drove the TR yesterday, the garage reeks
of gasoline.  Checking this morning, I found that it's coming from the fuel
pump.  I tightened down the cover screws and the two mounting nuts (the
rear
nut sure is hard to get a wrench on) but the leak persists.  With the
engine
running, I can watch fuel dripping onto the floor slowly, although I can't
see where it's coming from.  Do you think it's a crack in the wall of the
pump body?  Cracked gasket?  Any other thoughts or comments from the BTDT
guys?
<

Sumner,

When this happened to me it turned out to be the diaghram was dried out and
wouldn't seal against the metal parts.  I couldn't get a rebuild kit so I
bought a repro pump and stole the diaghram out if it to repair my original.

Actually, since the car belongs to my wife it was her car and her pump and
her... well never mind.

Dave