Re: First Start

To: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First Start
From: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:57:27 -0500
No idea if these guys know what they're talking about, but just happened to
find this on the Eastwood web site - somewhat poorly worded, but...:^)

"The Case of the stuck engine.

All restorers have run across an engine that has seized up from lack of use.
You will here many stories of how to break such and engine free. The trick
is to break it free without "breaking the engine." We have even seen, on a
rare occasion a stuck motor revived and run fine. First, pull all the spark
plugs. Our secret recipe formula elixir is * Marvel Mystery Oil and *
Automatic transmission fluid. Fill each cylinder with this mixture and let
it sit for a couple weeks. Using a large breaker bar (We recommend our
24-inch Breaker Bar) Part #43080 and socket on the end of the crankshaft try
to turn the engine ever so slightly each way. Each time, moving the turn a
little more, until you have turned the engine over. If this does not work,
remove the cylinder head."

URL is: http://www.eastwoodco.com/cgi-bin/sgdynamo.exe

Good luck.

Michael Ferguson