Re: Dashpot Oil Choice

Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil Choice
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:42:43 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The twice a year dashpot oil thread has returned!! A local restoration
professional explained it best to me this way: The factory manual
recommendation was for a brand new car with carbs/pistons that had no wear
on them and "close" tolerances. We're now dealing with 25-40 years old carbs
and the tolerances have changed quite a bit from when new. Bottom line....
use whatever weight oil works best for your carbs and their condition. I've
tried everything from Marvel Mystery Oil to 40W and have setttled on 40W.
That's what works best for me. I don't think there is one right answer to
this question.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - Status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD