Re: Dashpot Oil Choice

To: pethier@isd.net, yellowtr@borg.com, CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil Choice
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 13:39:04 FILETIME=[B5ADFF90:01C0719C]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
>To: "Bob Labuz" <yellowtr@borg.com>, <CarlSereda@aol.com>
>CC: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil Choice
>Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 20:57:43 -0600
>
>From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
>

> >Carl,
> >
> >I have always used auto trans fluid. I think it is about 20w. Used it in
>my
>old
> >57 MGA, 58, 59 TR3A and 64 TR4. I know I read it in some manual somewhere
>along
> >the way.
>

>Yes.  I used ATF in the Midget's SUs.  Don't remember who told me.  They
>worked fine.  I did have a bit of a leak somewhere, so I did have to top
>them up now and again.  Used a soda straw as a pipette.
>
>Don't know what's in the TR4.

  I use Dextron (ATF) too. Rather than toting around that big assed
  bottle, I retired an Elmer's glue bottle (4oz. squeeze variety),
  washed it out and filled it with the oil. The orange twist cap does a
  great job keeping the fluid in and is excellent for metering out just
  enough in the right place to fill the dash pots...

  Tah...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)