Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Refinishing a TR3 Steering wheel ?
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 07:34:46 +0000
Hi List!
        I'll bit & though in my $.02 worth, besides - I'm caught-up on my TR
Digest readings ;-). I decided not to 'restore' my orginial TR4/A
steering wheel, because I've heard of people painting it & haing
inprints left on & other happings when heat or other sircumstances
come-up. What I did was purchased a leather steering wheel cover, soaked
the back of it with a leather condisioner, & then sewed on by hand. Now
the diamiter is better suited to my grip, the inperfections from age are
covered, I'm following the 'leather' interior theam throughtout the
cockpit, & I'm improving the grip of the wheel while still keeping to
the 60's time period. I do beleive in the saying: "It's your car, so do
as you wish!"   -Cosmo Kramer