Re: TR6 Radio Antenna

To: Rick Murray <murray54@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Radio Antenna
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 20:32:25 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Rick:

I bought and installed a fully collapsible antenna for my 75 TR6. The
whole process should have been video taped because it was so funny. The
old antenna fell into the cavity between the "A" post and the rear
fender and was literally stuck until I fished it out with a coat hangar.
I won't go into tall the other things that went wrong during this
"simple" project.

Anyway, I was able to access the old antenna through the kick panel.
Remove it and you should be able to reach under and slide the old one
out and the new one in.

Yours may different, but most antennas have a bottom piece that adjusts
to conform to curved surfaces. This adjustment allows the bottom
"swivel" to be adjusted to fit through the top of the fender after which
it is "expanded" to prevent it from coming out the same hole. It's hard
to describe, but it works similar to an hollow wall anchor. Tightening
is done from the top nut, the one that slides over the top of the
antenna.

Hope this offers some help.

Bob
Fredericksburg, Va