Bad Carpet

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad Carpet
From: Paul Brandsema <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
Date: 6 Apr 2001 11:41:58 MDT
Cc: smparker@tycoelectronics.com, trf@aol.com teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id f36Hg1f05653
List,

I hate to do this, but I feel the need to do a little TRF bashing today.  Feel
free to join in if you have been in a similar situation.  Over the past 2 - 3
years, I must have spent over $2,000 buying parts from the roadster factory.
Many of these parts were bought during one of their sales.  A carpet set was
purchased back in the fall of 99.  Yes, I know that was quite a while ago.
But you know how these projects go.  So, I installed the carpet and then
realized that the piece around the shift lever boot was not bound.  Since I
was not replacing old carpet(car was pretty stripped down), I had nothing to
compare it too.  Well, I gave it a shot and call TRF.  Spoke with Joanie, as
I'm sure many of you have.   She needed to speak to her supervisor.  Result
was I could send the piece back, have it bound at a charge to me.  What a
deal.  Here's a better one.  I take it somewhere local and save the postage.
Until I have a chance to do that, I 'll make a point at upcoming shows to
point out the quality product and where it came from.  I would have thought
with the money I had spent over the years, that I would have earned more back.
 I hope the cost of not sending a replacement piece was worth it to Charles.

Now I feel better.  Good to vent.  Hopefully some of you will sympathize with
me.

Paul Brandsema
61 TR4  CT133