Re: Bad Carpet

To: DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us, lbc61tr4@usa.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bad Carpet
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:26:22 EDT
Cc: smparker@tycoelectronics.com, TRF@aol.com
In a message dated 06-Apr-01 14:20:40 Eastern Daylight Time,
DPaige@ci.santa-rosa.ca.us writes:

> That carpet piece, with the tranny shift lever hole is never bound on the
> edges. Never was as original equipment never has been since by any
> manufacturer. Reason... all of the outer edges are covered by other portions
> of the carpet set when properly installed. The carpet edges will not ravel
> and are never seen so there really is no reason for you to have the edges
> bound by either sending it back or doing it locally. save the dough and
> hassle and fergedaboudit. ANd try not to jump to conclusions without all the
> facts.

Sorry, Deano.  That is NOT true.  TR4 original carpets were charcoal grey and
were bound with black around the Shift lever boot.  The replacement which I
bought in '92 from TRF was the same as the original as far as the bound
section.

In '92 the only carpet color available was black.  The binding was/is also
black.  TRF responded to our request for the original color and charcoal has
been available for several years from them.

However, why Paul's was not bound is beyond my ken.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/factory pickup)