Re: Wire Wheel advice needed

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel advice needed
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 12:42:24 -0400
Cc: "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Pat" <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>
Message text written by "Phil Ethier"
>From: Pat <pleask@mailhost.wlc.com>

>"Assuming" that the front splines are okay how tacky would it be to move
the
>front splines to the back and the back to the front ? Hoping that the
front
>ones will be okay for a few years.

Tacky or no, I don't advise it.  Loose spline-wheel fit can't be tolerated
on any corner.  The brakes will beat up on the spline in the front as well
as the one in the back, and the situation will get steadily worse.
<

I would further add that you really want the better splines on the front.
Tis a far far better thing to loose forward motivation than to loose
braking.  And the fronts do most of the braking.

Dave Massey