Performance upgrades...

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Performance upgrades...
From: "Freeman, Noah" <Noah.Freeman@Bain.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 14:29:08 -0400
Hello all-

WEBER CARBS-
Various ebayers are selling weber DCOE carbs fit for the TR4...I like the
idea of getting my commuter car TR4 to accelerate to 60 faster than a Yugo,
so was considering them as a way to get more power...(but the $1.2K list
price at moss seems like a lot for a hoser like me)

I imagine this must be a much hashed over subject, but was wondering what
hte current conventional wisdom was.  (Nothing on the VTR website)

Is this:

A good idea?

A way to get more power out of my engine?

A good way to die in a fiery inferno?

Something that will be very hard to keep up?

Something thatI will be unable ot tune myself, and therefore a slave to the
garage?

EXHAUST SYSTEMS
I need to (low priority) replace my exhaust- PO used a non-original muffler
that rubs on the car frame w/ no rubber suspending it, is loud.  I figured,
"while unjer there, why not do somehting for the acceleration?"...(was
planning on just doing hte bakc half of of hte exhuast, but all ideas are
welcome)

What are peoples expereince with "higher performance" exhuasts?  The Monza
seems to be all over the catalogs...do they offer performance advantages?
Are they hard to install?  Do they rust through in ten seconds?

Opinions requested...thanks a ton!

Thanks all

Noah

PS- the oil leak up front was a bent fan hub extension bolt, not a
crankshaft...thanks all for your previous help!

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information
intended only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution,
copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited.
If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender
by reply e-mail and then destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions,
business of Bain & Company shall be understood to be neither given
nor endorsed by the Company.  When addressed to Bain clients, any
information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms and conditions
in the governing client contract.