Re: Bending Copper Tubing

To: sweisman@gis.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bending Copper Tubing
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:00:30 FILETIME=[9F216900:01C0C8FA]
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
>To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Bending Copper Tubing
>Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:41:59 -0400
>
>Does anyone have any neat tricks for bending small copper (or other) tubing
>without cracking or pinching it?  I'm soon going to replace the oil line
>that goes from the engine to the oil pressure gauge.  I know they make
>tubing benders, but are there any easy ways to do this?  How about wrapping
>it around a curved form, such as a dowel?  I haven't had good luck with
>this
>in the past.
>
>TIA.
>
>Sumner Weisman
>62 TR3B TSF263L

   Definitely get a tubing bender... BTW, If you have acces to an art
   supply store get some 1/4" scultor's aluminum armature wire. You can
   use it to make a pattern to plan your bends before you get to
   tubing... Save on headaches (usually invest in manufacturers of
   tubing before is do any of my own projects):O).