TR4 tub

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 tub
From: ElangTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 19:48:53 EDT
Scott,
Remember when switching tubs there are subtle, but important differences
between the TR4 and TR4A. One is at the rear where the top attaches to the
body. On the 4 the top is removed and the frame fits under the hood stick
cover, but the 4A has a top which just folds like a TR6 top. Compare the tub
lip around the back of the cockpit. Another possible problem could be the
bonnet where it meets the the tub at the base of the windshield. Most people
are aware of the short and long bubble bonnets, but there are also some with
a slightly different (left to right) curvature. You might want to test fit
the bonnet to the tub before you get too far, that is if you are using a
bonnet from a different tub. (Ask me how I know.) Other differences, like the
handbrake location, you can probably work around.
Eric Langreder
64 TR4
71 TR6