Alarms and power door locks.

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <triumphs-owner@autox.team.net>, <NASS@egroups.com>, "CARS Spitfires@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>
Subject: Alarms and power door locks.
From: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:06:16 -0400
Well I've gone and done it. I've done it before
and love not having to use those fragile keys
in the door locks.

It took quite a bit of design and trial and error
to fit/design, but my '75 Spit is getting electric door
locks to go with the alarm.

Why is this such a big deal? Any Spit owner
that has ever worked on the inners of a door
know how little space there is between the
inner door skin and the glass. where would YOU
mount an actuator?   :-)

Tomorrow I start on the passenger door,
duplicating the work on the drivers door.
(hopefully in a lot less time)
What really surprised me is how clean the
installation turned out.

I like this setup because once the ignition
is turned on, the doors lock automatically,
and unlock as you turn the ignition off.
If the door is opened with the engine running,
30 seconds later the 'car-jacking' feature kicks
in, disabling the ignition and activating the
alarm. (fully programmable of course.)

Pics, details and possibly parts templates will be up
as web pages on my site for this project.

Thanks for putting up with my... Glee!

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com