Sitfire question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sitfire question
From: Dietmar Schlei <dschlei@pressenter.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 22:32:27 -0500
Hi List

My 1963 TR4 just got a younger sibling!  Crazy me purhased a 1977 Spitfire
1500.  Somebody at work had one for sale and I bought it.  It had the usual
Lucas bad contact problems which I was able to fix (no blinker, horn,
washer pump, wipers, overdrive, etc.).  However, the tach is not working
and I have no idea where to start withit.  Does anybody know where the tach
picks up its signal?  Wire location and color code?  I have a wire pair
wrapped with Scotch Tape comming out of the fire wall and splitting up at
the ignition coil together with a wire connected to the coil and one
connected to the brake switch.  I am talking about two white wires that are
crimped together into aspate connector.  Any suggestion what they are there
for?or need to be connected to?

As alwys, any help is very much appreciated!

Regards
Dietmar Schlei
Now the owner of:

1938 Oldsmobiel