74 TR6 Ignition Timing

To: "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>
Subject: 74 TR6 Ignition Timing
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 18:45:19 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Williams, Bill (Atlanta)"
>To check the timing, I let the engine warm up and idle between 800 to 850
RPMs.  Do I unplug the vacuum line from the distributor and, if so, do I
plug the end of the hose?

The timing should be set to 4 degrees ATDC.  Which one of the timing marks
above should I use?
<

Bill,  If you are going to set the timing to 4 deg ATDC leave the vacuum
retard line connected.  The book says to disconnect but it is incorrect.
Use the mark that follows the other mark as the crank turns.

Good luck.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6