"Herald 13/75"

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: "Herald 13/75"
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 19:29:04 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>Input from the purists would be appreciated.
Now that project number one is all but finished, I find myself with
time on hands and am considering the next move to creating a Herald
13/75 Coupe.
A 13/60 convertible has come up for disposal (free) to a good home
(been garaged for last 2 years, prior to which it was in regular daily
use) and I'm contemplating replicating it into a 13/75 conversion as
undertaken at the Western Avenue Service division in London.
Broadly, the spec was:
Full Spitfire engine, overdrive, knock-on wire wheels, Vitesse
instrumentation, polished wood door cappings and Sid Hurrell hardtop
(was SAH) if I can locate one still lying around. By making the
hardtop a permanent fitting, the soft top gets thrown out and the
empty soft top well is removed to install the narrower rear seat found
on the original factory Herald Coupe.
<

John,

No one has called me a purist (at least with out elliciting a good hardy
belly laugh) but I think the project is quite worthwhile.  I think that a
series of newsletter articles detailing the conversion would be most
educational to those of us who are not familiar with all the less common
variations.  Everyone has heard of the Sabrina engine.  Many of us have
even seen a TRS.  But I have never  heard of the 13/75 Coupe.

Pictures would be nice, too.

Perhaps there will be room for it at Gaydon when you're through.

Cheers

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO USA
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8

P.S. I just picked up a D-type overdrive if you need it.