Re: TR4 - time to go?

To: sebking <sebking@freeuk.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 - time to go?
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 10:22:52 -0600
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Pam Newell <pamnewell@yahoo.com>
sebking wrote:

> Ok - here's a serious issue...A TR4 only has two seats...
> with a baby due in the next few days what do I do.
> Do I keep it and never cruise the streets as a family or do I trade it in
> for another triumph? If so what 4 seated, fast, soft top triumph do I buy????

If it were the '60s, you'd put the baby on the bench seat in the back.
Or in the passenger footwell. According to original owners I've met,
and their 30-something children.

Any Triumph is a great tool to put a baby to sleep -- the rumble of
the exhaust, the gentle bumpy ride.... When nothing else will calm
a baby, a late night drive in the TR4 is good for baby and daddy.

But I admit that I'd like a 4-seater for the entire family; I have two
boys, 2 1/2 and almost 4 years old. My favorite solution, which I'm
a ways from implementing, is to buy another TR4 -- "for" my wife.
Till then, we sometimes drive separately and the boys take turns
to and from. This summer I'll take each of the boys on 2-3 day
weekend drives through the Rockies. With the right spin on it,
you can argue that a 2-seater brings families closer together. ;-)

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO