RE: TR4 - time to go?

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, " sebking" <sebking@freeuk.com>, " " <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 - time to go?
From: "Eric Conrad" <conrade@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 08:13:41 -0600
FT wrote:  Well, since you are the "ONLY" person in the entire world to ever
become a
father and own a LBC I would guess you must let the car go, after all only a
2 seater and every time you go out you "always" go with the entire family
and never alone, and since no one on the list has ever owned a LBC and had
children at the same time, we certainly cannot give any good advice due to
lack of experience. I would guess if you continue to have children you could
end up with a double decker bus in order to go to the store for a loaf of
bread, remember when dad goes out "all" must go out.  "FT"

Well, I guess Fred said it best.  If you want two opinions from those who
have young children, talk with either Steve Newell (on this list), or
myself.  Steve's decision is to keep the TR4, drive one child in it one way,
switch with his wife who follows along, and then drive the other child back
home.  Great solution.

My solution is slightly different.  I began a frame off restoration of my
TR6 about the same time I heard we were expecting.  Great timing, I know.
My daughters is soon to be 1 year, and the car is about finished.  Once she
is able to ride in a regular seat, I'm ready to parade her around in the
TR6 - and I cannot wait.

My advice, keep the car!!!!!  Figure everything else out later.