Carb Cleaning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Cleaning
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:07:43 EDT
Post script to my earlier question. I was out examining the carbs (still
intact) and looking in through the open butterfly while someone else moved
the lever for the choke and noticed that -- at least while laying on their
side -- the piston in the rearward carb slowly returns to its base while the
piston in the forward carb doesn't return when the choke is released. Stood
up, gravity apparently pulls it back down. So my question now is what makes
the piston return and what does this indicate with regard to repairs. What do
I look for when (no longer if, apparently) I take them apart.

Jim