Re: Carb Cleaning

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Cleaning
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:47:16 -0400
Ct54531@aol.com wrote:

> Post script to my earlier question. I was out examining the carbs (still
> intact) and looking in through the open butterfly while someone else moved
> the lever for the choke and noticed that -- at least while laying on their
> side -- the piston in the rearward carb slowly returns to its base while the
> piston in the forward carb doesn't return when the choke is released.
Jim,

Is this a Mk.1?  It sounds like you're describing the earlier
CD150 carbs that, AFAIK, were replaced by CD150SE's on the GT6+ &
Mk3.  The SE's "choke" was a tricky little port bypass while the
choke bar on the 150's actually moved the air valve up.  If the
air valve on one carb is sticking, I believe you really should
commit to a proper rebuild.  There's gotta be corrosion or a lot
of varnish to make it stick that badly.  If you don't feel up to
it yourself, send them to Joe Curto in NY.

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.       The older I get,