FW: cARB cLEANING

To: "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: cARB cLEANING
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:22:56 -0400 com>
An additional thought.  I just realized a point of confusion in your note.
The big needle on the piston is NOT the needle we are talking about in the
needle valve.  On your spare stromberg, turn it over so the floats face up.
Look at the hinge and on one side there is a nut in the corner.  There is a
button needle in its center.  THATS the needle valve.  As the float goes up
and down the lil flap on the float bracket opens and closes the needle valve
to refill the float bowl.  Gas in the float is sucked up the cernter tube
and into the chamber where the piston is and is regulated by the main needle
you see attached to the piston.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK