Re: GT6 Not Firing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Dan John" <johndj1_uk@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: GT6 Not Firing
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 08:39:03 -0400
> A quick couple of questions.
>
> Got my car started for the summer last weekend and
> have had a couple of misfiring problems so had a
> tinker with the carb.  I swear all I did was take the
> temperature compensations unit off and then replace
> it.  Now the car will turn over but will not fire at
> all.  Thoughts?

> Cheers
>
> Dan

Dan,

You might try this quick test:

Remove the air filter(s), lift carb air valve (that big shinny piston in the
carb) with your finger and spray starting fluid (ether) into the carb(s) and
then try to start the car.

If it fires, work on the carbs. If it doesn't fire, work on the ignition.

Good luck,

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (assembling after new paint)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)