Re: a stupid question re chamoiseseses

To: "Boothroyd, Frank" <Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca>
Subject: Re: a stupid question re chamoiseseses
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 08:11:08 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
"Boothroyd, Frank" wrote:

> hi.  Me again.
>
> Look, I've never put much effort into keeping my cars clean.  The odd wash
> and wax and that was it.  But I've never had a beautiful TR6 before.  So now
> I've got Mother's brand car shampoo and caranuba wax.  I've got the
> terry-cloth towels.  And I've got a chamois.
>
> What do I use the chamois for?

It is for drying the car following a wash.  The chamois must be wet first and
while it absorbs water it also acts as a squeegee to get the water off
without leaving spots.  Be sure to keep it clean because micro dust particles
that will get on it will cause micro scratches in the paint.

> For any of you who've lost count, this is my fourth stupid question to the
> list.  Not too bad, eh?  I only joined in October.

I also suggest one of those neat California Dusters.  It will take the dust off
without scratching the paint for those times during a show that you
want to get rid of dust and can't wash the car.

Joe