Re: a stupid question re chamoiseseses

To: Frank.Boothroyd@northatlantic.nf.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a stupid question re chamoiseseses
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 21:04:22 EDT
Frank.....
I was really dumbfounded as how to answer your question...man, what did you
do as a teenager? Maybe they only have chamois in Quebec?  Ok....just
kidding.....the only dumb question is the one never asked...

My Dad had an old chamois when I was a teenager. He used that thing forever.
When it got too dirty he would wash it in soap and water, rinse it well, put
it through my Mom's old washer ringer and use it again. That thing must have
lasted for years...finally giving up the ghost and crumbling like three week
old road kill. Then he got a new one...

Flash forward to high-tech times...I have heard from more than one auto
detailer that chamois are not ideal for waxed auto finishes. Takes the wax
off prematurely. The ideal...old 100% cotton bathroom towels....washed
WITHOUT fabric softener. Use them once and wash them. The older and softer
the better. No streaks, and no wax removal.

The suggestion from Joe Curry was a good one...California dusters are a must.
You can get the big and little kit...one for the car exterior and a little
one for the interior. They smell like the old janitor's dry mop when
new....got to let them air out a day or so before first use.

Carry on Frank...great questions.....

Larry