Re: OD leak

To: rbtr3a@home.com
Subject: Re: OD leak
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:05:25 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ronnie,
I just went thru this leaking problem with an OD gearbox I am trying to fit
to my 71 TR6.  The problem we found was a bend OD adapter plate.  Try taking
a steel rule to the mating surfaces, they need to be absolutely flat.  Mine
had a nice depression in the center at the bottom.  I have been told that
this is real common.  We took the plate to a machinist and he straightened
the plate and actually put a slight hump in the bottom center of the plate so
when you draw down the nuts on the ends it will seal properly.  We just used
Permatex Super 300 sparingly and the OD Box does not leak a drop.
Unfortunately the gearbox itself still refuses to be downshifted into 1st or
2nd "Whoa is Me Take Three!"
Hope this Helps,
Darrell Floyd