Re: ROCKER LUBRICATION

To: "INTERNET:DRSkruffy@aol.com" <DRSkruffy@aol.com>
Subject: Re: ROCKER LUBRICATION
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 12:53:55 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by INTERNET:DRSkruffy@aol.com
>I have no interest in this one way or another, but I find it hard to
believe
>that Pennzoil ACTUALLY uses Pennsylvania crude.

Isn't that the crux of their advertizing campaign?

>Also, with the appearance of detergent oils and all
>the various standards (API, SAE, etc.) it seems strange that there is much

>real difference. These are just my thoughts, I have no inclination to get
>into a flame war.

The process of refining crude oil is to separate the lighter components
from the heaver components rather than build up products from scratch.  It
is certainly cheaper to leave in any componentsthat don't  hinder meeting
the specifications spelled out by API or SAE.  Some people swear by
Penzoil, some hate it.  Seems to me that there may be some trace amounts of
something that doesn't hinder lubrication of moving parts (may actually
enhance it) but tends to precipitate on static surfaces (as I have heard).

I'm not a lubrication expert, I'm just trying to draw a reasonable
hypothesis from the data available. I hope that some expert does log on and
straighten out the issue.

Cheers

Dave