Re: Oil Questions?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Questions?
From: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 10:01:50 -0400
> As a side note, the switch from 10w30 (DPO oil) to 20w50 made a HUGE
> difference to oil pressure...I was really surprised...idle went from 15 to
> 20 psi at teh guage

Geez, as another side note, I bet the "D" PO never put 12 quarts of oil in
your car!  (Though you didn't say which one it is...)  But I'll bet the 7
extra quarts of oil might have had something to do with your new oil
pressure.

> What do people think of synthetic vs. natural oil?

The general feeling is that it's not good in old sports cars, as it finds
its way out of the car more easily.

===
Martin Secrest
73 GT6 (driver)