Re: Oil Questions?

Subject: Re: Oil Questions?
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:29:28 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Martin Secrest wrote:

> > What do people think of synthetic vs. natural oil?
>
> The general feeling is that it's not good in old sports cars, as it finds
> its way out of the car more easily.

Just to be contrary, I like synthetic oil, and feel it offers increased
protection over dino juice.  On my Chevy with 250,000 miles, it
drastically cut oil burning.  On the TR, oil consumption stayed about
the same.  I use Valvoline SynPower 20W50 in both engines, still change
often.  (I don't use it in the TR's OD.)

Note that it also requires much less viscosity improver to arrive at a
multi-weight rating, so the chances of viscosity breakdown are much
less.

Randall