HS6's on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: HS6's on TR6
From: DarcyHunt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 21:33:45 EDT
I have been reading the list digests for a while now and hope I can get some
help on the conversion of my TR6 to HS6's.  I got what I though were
appropriate items from Burlen Fuel Systems to convert the HS6's I got that
started out in a '77 TR7.  This include the yellow springs, conversion kit to
eliminate the waxstat jet, new spindle shafts and throttle plates w/o the
run-on valve, and a few sets of needle using the Moss Performance Tuning
manual as a guide for choices.
My problem, after the rebuild and getting the linkage right is that
performance is good up to 2500 rpm but after that I get terrible back firing.
 I'm running the BAE needles,  fuel seems to sit low in the main jet in the
rear carb (1/4 inch below jet) but good in front carb.  I also added Kerr
headers while I was working on the carbs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Darcy Hunter
'73 TR6
North Easton, MA